MCC employs hundreds of men and women in jobs ranging from specialty trades to clerical work. Multi-Craft offers a comprehensive package of benefits including: paid holidays, paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement, wellness program, and life insurance.
Please stop by and fill out an application at one of our offices listed below:
2300 North Lowell Road
Springdale AR 72764
2810 North LeCompte Road
Springfield, MO 65810
Springdale, AR & Springfield, MO
CONTROLS ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each of the following Essential Duties satisfactorily. This list is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Within the defined parameters of MCC’s project management architecture, manage project execution on an individual and/or team basis depending on need.
Direct cross-functional teams of Engineers and Project Managers executing all types of commercial, institutional, industrial, and R&D automation projects.
- Review and approve project budget estimates.
- Administer internal and external design reviews.
- Compile and provide risk assessments and ToP’s (Turnover Package).
- Develop and implement system architecture including but not limited to network, power, safety, and functional performance driven designs. These may be Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, or a combination of the aforementioned specific. Some examples of work include but are not limited to:
- Programming of HMI, PLC, SCADA, Vision, and Robot code;
- Three-dimensional Computer Aided Design in a parametric context;
- Finite Element and Statistical Process Analysis;
- Electromechanical Systems troubleshooting;
- Videographic and SPC data collection, organization, external system integration, and presentation;
- Customer Training.
- Contract labor and material resources, create purchase orders, and reconcile budgets.
- Manage contracted program launch, startup, and continuing customer/product support post closeout.
- Ensure work performed meets contracted Scope of Work while maintaining internal and customer accountability to contracts.
- Maintain incremental billing activities during project in accordance with contracted terms.
- Plan, administer, facilitate, and close-out SAT and FAT (Site / Factory Accept. Testing) project phases.
- Review Project Expenditures and conduct after-action project reviews.
- Plan, administer, and facilitate operational planning and reporting meetings.
- Prepare and review customer, inter-divisional, and vendor correspondence and Change Orders.
- Negotiate sensitive matters with suppliers and customers.
- Travel to international and domestic customer and vendor facilities as required.
- Provide assistance to other group managers/team members during difficult phases of projects.
- Lead soft systems improvement efforts, furthering operational efficiency.
- Operate hazardous equipment and machinery in the performance of the essential duties.
- Work with and around hazardous materials, as well as at heights and in confined spaces in the performance of these essential duties.
- Drive a vehicle to various job sites throughout working hours:
- Maintain valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company policy.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential for employee job performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Professional degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or related Engineering discipline required.
- Secondary degree in Operations Management or Business preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 4 years of discipline-specific and organizational management experience preferred.
- Excelled verbal, written, and infographic communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other employees and customers of varying educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- High proficiency in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- High proficiency in use of MS Project.
- High proficiency in use of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, FEA, PLC, SCADA, and statistical process simulation software(s).
- Ability to solve complex problems within condensed schedules whilst working with difficult people.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required.
- Ability to complete daily tasks with limited supervision and minimal errors requiring re-work.
- A current valid driver’s license is required.
Execute assigned electrical responsibilities encompassing general maintenance, preventive maintenance, construction, repair and installation of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment. Installs, repairs, maintains and inspects electrical systems and equipment such as motors, fixtures, transformers, generators, wiring, switchboards, alarm systems, controllers, circuit breakers and medium voltage transmission equipment, works from blueprints and specifications, makes working drawings and single line power diagrams, locates and diagnoses electrical malfunctions using various test instruments.
- Follow safety and job-specific safety procedures
- Actively pursue a four-year apprenticeship through an accredited program. Maintain successful grade levels while gaining field experience.
- Perform all miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Demonstrate willingness to comprehend and follow instructions given by qualified electrical mentors
- Follow-up on construction work to ensure scheduled state and local inspection timetables are met and standards are maintained
- Record field wiring changes and modifications on blueprints for recording on master circuit diagrams
Primary job functions:
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
- Connect wires to circuit breaks, transformers, or other components
- May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and variety of other equipment and instruments
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris
- May assist other craft workers
- Cleans, maintains, and services equipment and tools
- Performs additional duties or emergency duties after normal work hours when requested by supervision or designee
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working to develop your understanding and working knowledge of the current National Electrical Code, National Fire Alarm Code, all state and local codes is required
- Ability to understand, interpret and utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics is required
- Locate and diagnoses electrical malfunctions using various test instruments
- Operate a variety of power tools, shop equipment, and electrical testing instruments are required
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn and perform duties normally associated with other areas, multiple aspects of carpentry work required in the maintenance and construction of commercial buildings, churches, factories, office buildings, building, etc.
- Erect or dismantle structures, repair or refinish walls or structures
- Install wood and/or metal parts
- Erect or dismantle roofing and/or siding
- Framing, drywall hanging, and minor drywall finishing, etc.
- Painting, touch up or incidental painting after structure repairs
- Form, place and finish concrete
- Ceiling installation and repair
- Hang doors and install locks and hardware
- Cut, fit and weld structural and miscellaneous steel. Maintain shop equipment and tools
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and electrical currents
- May lift and carry heavy objects 5-25 pounds frequently, 25-50 pounds often, 50-100 pounds occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions continuously